Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life Drawing Workshop

Claudia Hammer will be conducting life drawing classes during my evening drawing class on Tuesday, March 17 and Tuesday, March 31. Claudia has been working with the figure for many years and is keenly aware of the importance of building a strong power of observation. She has studied at Parson School of Design in Paris, France, the Chicago Art Institute, the Florence Academy of Art in Florence, Italy, and may other institutions and workshops. She teaches a range of classes in her studio from basic to advanced life drawing, plaster cast drawing, and portrait and figure painting. You can see some of her work by clicking on her name above.

8 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to her coming and demonstrating. I always feel like I learn a lot from watching others. I have the most difficulty with figure drawing so anything that would help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy having a guest artist in. It's great to see someone out there making a living as an artist. Money isn't why I make art but it would be a nice bonus. Hopefully we will have a model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely will be great having a guest artist in our class. The better we focus on the learning process, the better artists we will become. I know I will be nervous as hell, but I'll love it to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked at her web page... she is amazing! I really enjoyed her portrait paintings the most! I wish I could paint like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I am terrible with figure drawings...but hopefully with the workshop I can gather tons of info and tips on how to get better. looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad we're having a 'real' artist help us out with this. I'm having so much trouble with these figure drawings as well and I feel like I could really benefit from this. Hopefully we will have a model!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked at her web site also. Very nice portraits. I have so much problem with the face. I was really hoping for more figure drawings though, to get a better idea of how she works. It helps me to see others lines (if drawing), brush strokes if painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. keeping the portrait dream alive.

    especially the social commentary on the mayor.

    its like when rembrandt would paint the rich and powerful.

    now we paint the mayor.

    ///

    ReplyDelete