Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cave Hill tomorrow (or today if you're reading this tomorrow)

We'll be doing our last day of landscapes, again, in Cave Hill. The Falls of the Ohio is under water, which I know Connie would not like. So I'll see you at the same place at the same time.


Sue was at the Scattering Garden drawing the lake and the constant swan. A very peaceful location, but a struggle for her to get the oil pastels to do what she wanted. As I told Connie, do a Google search of "oil pastel drawings" an then click on "videos," it will take you to many 'how to' videos that show the many creative approaches to oil pastel. Some are quite amazing.


This is the tree that Louise is using for her inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing her final expression.

Kim moved on to a shadier spot today, yet still hidden away. She was using graphite, a more challenging medium for the time and location. It was going quite well and maybe she'll be able to more fully develop it with another day.


Final crit's coming up, make sure all your ducks (or geese) are in a row.

Aberlyn parked her easel out side the cemetery, just inside the entrance, and got to a very engaging place. The negative shapes were pretty interesting, and the marks worked with the form really well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I drew water that looked like water! And at least the sun wouldn't follow me under water. :) I SWEAR I stood under a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone wants any last minute critique or help, bring work to the cemetery for the student review before 1:00pm or stay after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I didnt read it yesterday or today until I sat for a while at the railroad bridge. Went on line on my phone and it said Cave Hill this was at 1:15 so I figured it too late to get to Cave Hill. I went to the GRC cabin and started drawing there. I had considered drawing all the rubbish that was caught up in the drift wood under the bridge, or the bridge itself or the big stone castle like support of the bridge. Settled on the cabin. Got a good start and will try to get back down there to finish up. If I cant do that I took some pics for reference,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept checking the Scattering Garden for you, Sue, sorry you didn't "get the memo". Anyway, glad you were able to find a good drawing source.

    ReplyDelete