Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Session I: Drawing (wrap-up)

Portfolios are ready to be picked up.  Make sure you also get your series.

It was good to look through the portfolios and see some of the surprises from our Cave Hill and Falls of the Ohio trips, especially since there had not been an opportunity to see some of them before.  The finished quality many of them possessed was, indeed, a welcome sight.

This was a fast, furious, and enjoyable six week session, and the dynamic I thought was inspiring. I appreciated the amount of sharing that went on with this blog and hope that you'll check back from time to time just to see what's happening with our drawing community.  I also hope that regardless of your concentration and/or major, that you'll continue to exercise the development of your skills, both manual and conceptual, in your sketchbooks.  And as Fine Arts majors, I hope you will continue to explore the contemporary world of art and become familiar with the vast range of contemporary theories and the artists who practice them. 

Be sure to check out the series post just below this one, and have a wonderful summer.  I hope to see you in the fall.

4 comments:

  1. http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/daughter_liberty/art/drawing/200%20final%20critique/

    OK, for some reason that wouldn't copy and I *think* I typed it correctly. :) But,these are the final critique pictures I took in class the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/daughter_liberty/art/drawing/

    OK, that other one didn't work. Blah! If you go here you'll see 200 level final critique. The pictures are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrapping up, I just have to send out a thank you to everyone who is not a drawing major. It was great to have everyone taking drawing so seriously and doing such great work. I hope you all keep drawing.

    Here is a great link that will help regardless of your chosen path:

    http://www.youtube.com/art21org

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT...KEEP LOOKING AT THIS SERIES.

    ReplyDelete